T: (305) 377 6238
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” – 2010, 2011, 2012
- South Florida Legal Guide “Up and Comer” – 2010, 2011, 2012
- Land Use
- Government Relations
- Municipal Law
- Governmental Law
- Code Enforcement and Lien Mitigation
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2001
- B.B.A., University of Miami, cum laude, 1999
- Florida Bar, Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Florida Bar, City, County and Local Government Section
- Dade County Bar Association, Environmental and Land Use Committee
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce
Michael (Mickey) has been practicing land use and governmental law for more than a decade. His law practice is focused primarily on representing clients throughout South Florida with development approvals.
He is a member of the Dade County Bar Environmental and Land Use Committee, the Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Law Section, the Florida Bar City County and Local Government Law Section, Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Cuban American Bar Association. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Dade County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section, where he was the Chairperson of the Sports Committee and Vice-Chairperson of the Community Service and Education Committee. Mickey has also served on the Board of Directors of the University of Miami Alumni Association.
Mickey previously practiced land use, government relations and municipal law at Weiss Serota Helfman Pastoriza Cole & Boniske and was an Assistant City Attorney for the Town of Miami Lakes, the City of Marathon and Islamorada, advising their local planning agencies and zoning boards.
He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, cum laude, from the University of Miami in 1999 and his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in December, 2001. He served as the Vice-President of the university’s student government and was active in many philanthropic and leadership organizations. He was recognized as a member of Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society, Gamma Sigma Alpha Greek Honor Society, Mortar Board Honor Society and the Order of Omega. While in law school, Mickey served two-term Chief of Iron Arrow Honor Society as a secretary, while he was involved with Student Bar Association as a Senator.