CLIENT NEWS: ‘Remarkable’ 90-Story Major Supertall Condo-Hotel In Brickell Will Have Miami’s Only Silver & Gold Pool
May 31, 2022
New over-the-top details of the Major supertall tower planned in Brickell have been released as the developer prepares to launch sales.
Here’s a look at some of the key newly released points:
- Major will have a silver and gold pool. “I want to celebrate this sexy City with an indulgent swim in the only silver and gold pool in Miami,” said tower designer William Sofield of Studio Sofield.
- The porte cochere will be trimmed in gold leaf and clad in monolithic slabs of travertine, with a grand gold-beaded screen above emitting a deep, warm glow. “It will exude exuberant Gatsby-level energy and delight,” the developer said.
- The crown of the tower “will be wrapped with a filigree of gold spheres and punctuated by extraordinary sculptures in the manner of Italian Futurism on each corner.”
- The tower itself will feature a façade of ivory travertine and high-gloss steel columns to express enduring weight and substance while giving a defined graphic, vertical appearance, setting it apart from its glass and stucco neighbors.
- Top off height for Major is planned at 90 stories, or 1,049 feet – “a new record height for Miami,” the developer said.
- There will be 259 one to four bedroom hybrid condo-hotel units for sale, each with a “lockout” function, allowing conversion from residence to suite or guest room.
- Units will come with custom furniture by Studio Sofield.
- Prices will range from $1.6 million to $11 million. Penthouse prices have not been released, according to Bloomberg.
- “From the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep, every whim and desire is anticipated,” with eight floors and 115,000 square feet of amenities, including multiple food and beverage concepts, entertaining, sports, leisure, wellness and fitness.
JDS and Major Food Group are the developers. Building & Interior Design is by Studio Sofield, with Restaurant Design by Ken Fulk. ODP Architecture & Design is the Architect of Record.
In a press release, JDS Founder & CEO Michael Stern called Miami “the best city in the world” and promised the new supertall would be “remarkable.”
Published on May 26, 2022 on TheNextMiami.com