T: (305) 377 6235
Awards & Recognition
- BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Local and State Real Estate Permitting and Licensing
- Zoning Approvals
- Environmental Matters
- Amendments of Local Comprehensive Plans
- Due Diligence Reviews
- Vested Rights
- Wisconsin and Illinois
- J.D., Marquette University Law School, 1989
- B.A., University of Florida, 1986
- Metropolitan Dade County Environmental Advisory Task Force, Member
- City of Miami Housing and Commercial Loan Committee, Member
Ben J. Fernandez
Ben has been active behind the scenes for more than 15 years helping to transform Miami neighborhoods by representing landowners, institutional clients and developers on land use and zoning matters. His practice covers local and state real estate permitting and licensing, including zoning approvals, amendments of local comprehensive plans, due diligence reviews, concurrency, vested rights and environmental matters.
Prior to joining the firm, where he became a name partner in 2007, Ben practiced land use and zoning law with the Miami office of Stroock & Stroock & Lavan and with Ferrel Cardenas & Fertel. He began his legal career as a litigator with Cassiday Schade & Gloor in Chicago.
Ben has been a member of the Metropolitan Dade County Environmental Advisory Task Force and together with law firm partner Jeffrey Bercow, contributed to the American Bar Association’s Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law National Newsletter for the Eleventh Circuit on land use law issues. In 2009, he was also appointed to the City of Miami Housing and Commercial Loan Committee by the City Commission.